Data e fundit për aplikim : Maj 27, 2018
Policy Delivery Officer – Economic Development (KOS18.240)
The British Embassy in Kosovo is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Policy Delivery Officer dedicated to Economic Development, based in Pristina. This is a maternity leave full-time position with a contract of an expected minimum of 6 months, with possibility of extension by mutual agreement until the job holder returns.
Integrated within the Economy and Governance section, the main role of the job is to deliver HMG economic policy in Kosovo, including through economic reporting and policy advice and commercial diplomacy, whilst developing and managing Conflict Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) economic development programme.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Political Reporting and Analysis
- Lead on the delivery of the economic strand of the Business Delivery Plan;
- Monitor, analyse and report on: Kosovo’s macro-economic trends and concerns; economic development issues; implementation of economic reforms; trade policy, etc;
- Provide policy advice and answers to Embassy and London queries on economic issues, public financial management including public procurement, informal economy, tax evasion and illicit finance;
- Be an active part of the network of economic officers of international organizations in Kosovo, and the network of economic officers of British Embassies of regional countries;
- Communicate actively with other HMG departments in charge of economy and trade;
- Actively participate in organising Embassy events, ministerial and senior official meetings.
Programme Management and Line Management
- Oversee the procurement process of Economic development projects, and ensure their implementation as per Terms of Reference. Ensure project monitoring and evaluation is in line with the CSSF guidelines. Manage contract and implementers, liaise with beneficiaries and manage project risks;
- Identify, design and programme new project ideas, responding to the CSSF strategy and Kosovo needs;
- Line manage and work closely with a team member responsible for a day-to-day project financial management, commercial work, and countering violet extremism.
Required Experience & Skills
- University degree in Economy, Political Economy, Development Studies or other economic related area;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in related fields;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Policy experience in the field of economy and economic governance;
- Programme and project management experience, ideally related to economic projects;
- Ability to work closely with Kosovo and international financial institutions;
- A team player, able to work with other members of the Embassy and external partners;
- Positive and engaging communication skills, based on principles of honesty and integrity.
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Knowledge of a Kosovo official language is an asset;
- Experience in working with Kosovo public institutions or local NGOs.
Required Competencies: Seeing the Big Picture, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Terms and Conditions
This is a temporary full-time position of 5 working days (36 hours net) per week, to cover a maternity leave for a minimum of 6 months, with possibility of extension by mutual agreement until the job holder returns.
The monthly gross salary is € 1,722.90 and will be paid at a local B3 level.
The successful candidate, will be subject to confirmation of a professional background check and security clearance with a probation period of 3 months, and is expected to commence employment as soon as possible.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Kosovo. The British Embassy does not sponsor applications for work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Kosovo is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service based on local Kosovo employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
For further details on this vacancy and to apply, please visit the website:https://goo.gl/3fsU1D.
Applications should be submitted by 27th of May 2018.